Thursday, April 10, 2008

California





What can I say? It was just like old times...



We slept in, ate really good food, and played cards late into the night. We'll always remember getting caught sneaking into Space Mountain and watching Heidi scream her head off on the Screamin roller coaster at Disneyland. I laughed so hard I didn't know if I could stand up right again! Heidi's world almost came to an end when her sprite float overflowed but luckily Ben was there for damage control, and the lady at the counter was nice enough to fill it up with more sprite for free! Later, Troy insisted that we go on the raft ride. Ben and I thought it was quite fitting that he was the one that got soaking wet and had to share a poncho with a rather large "sista". We had way too much fun!!


We went to the Santa Monica Pier on Saturday and ate hot dogs on a stick. We were very entertained on the pier by puppeteers, and "magic tricks". (Apparently all you need for this is a whistle, a boom box playing 80's techno, and a badminton racket.) Needless to say, I am seriously considering a career change.

I have to say that Teddy was the best part of the trip. He is so cute! I can't believe how much he had changed in 8 weeks. He has learned how to crawl, grown some chompers and can dance to the beat. What a doll!! As Teddy would say... "Oh wow!"

It was such a nice trip and although it is so nice to get back to the everyday redneck ways of Salem, there is definitely a special place in my heart for Cali... We already miss you guys!

No comments: